Check if palindrome exists in doubly linked list
This article addresses an intriguing algorithmic challenge: detecting whether a given doubly linked list is a palindrome or not. We will provide a clear problem statement, illustrate the concept with an example, propose an approach to solve the problem, present standard pseudocode, detail the algorithm's implementation, explain the output, and analyze the time complexity. The explanation will be presented in a straightforward and comprehensible manner.
The task is to determine whether a given doubly linked list forms a palindrome or not. A palindrome is a sequence that reads the same forwards as it does backward. In the context of a linked list, we need to check if the sequence of node values from the head to tail is the same as from the tail to head.
Consider the following doubly linked list:
1 <-> 2 <-> 4 <-> 3 <-> 4 <-> 2 <-> 1
This linked list is a palindrome since the sequence reads the same both ways. Conversely, if we have:
1 <-> 2 <-> 4 <-> 3 <-> 4 <-> 2 <-> 1 <-> 1
In this case, the linked list is not a palindrome because the sequences don't match when reversed.
- Initialize pointers
lastto the head and tail of the linked list, respectively.
- Traverse the linked list while comparing the node values of
- If the values are different, the linked list is not a palindrome.
lastmeet or cross paths, the linked list is a palindrome.
- Continue traversing until the pointers meet or cross.
isPalindrome(): if head is null: return false Initialize first = head, last = tail Loop until first and last pointers meet or cross: Compare the node values of first and last If values are different, return false Move first to the next node Move last to the previous node If first and last meet or cross, return true (linked list is palindrome) Otherwise, return false Main(): Initialize a doubly linked list (dll) Insert nodes into the linked list Display the list Check if the list is a palindrome Display the result Insert a new element into the linked list Display the updated list Check if the updated list is a palindrome Display the result
1) Java program for detect palindrome in doubly linked list
2) C++ program for detect palindrome in doubly linked list
3) C program for check if a doubly linked list is palindrome or not
4) C# program for detect palindrome in doubly linked list
5) Check palindrome in a doubly linked list in php
6) Detect palindrome in doubly linked list in node js
7) Detect palindrome in doubly linked list using python
8) Detect palindrome in doubly linked list using ruby
9) Detect palindrome in doubly linked list using scala
10) Swift code for detect palindrome in doubly linked list
11) Detect palindrome in doubly linked list in vb.net
12) Kotlin program for Detect palindrome in doubly linked list
13) Check palindrome in doubly linked list in typescript
14) Check if a doubly linked list is form of palindrome in golang
Time Complexity Analysis
isPalindromefunction iterates through the linked list once, performing constant-time operations per iteration. Thus, its time complexity is O(n), where n is the number of nodes in the list.